About Our Safety Precautions
Our practice is following the College of Dental Surgeons of BC and the BC Centre for Disease Control Guidelines, as well as Work Safe BC guidelines. Here is a list of some of the safety measure we are taking at our office to keep you and our team safe:
- Pre-screening of all patients prior to their appointment and again at entrance to the office.
- All patients have been asked to remain in their cars or outside until their appointment time.
- We ask that no additional members enter the clinic. Due to social distancing no-one will be allowed to wait in the waiting room. Parents of children will be asked to join them in the operatory or to remain outside during the clinic time.
- A greeter will meet you at the front door to escort you into the practice.
- Temperature checks for patients and staff members upon entry to the clinic.
- All patients and staff will be required to hand sanitize upon entry and exit to the clinic.
- You will notice throughout the practice that all magazines, toys, headphones, etc. have been removed as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments are staggered. All staff are on shift work to allow for increased social distancing between patients and staff.
- We limit the number of patients in the practice area at any given time.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields are required when producing aerosols.
- Both hourly, and as needed, cleaning and disinfection of reception area and restrooms.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask in our clinic. If you do not have one, you will be provided one at the entrance to the clinic.